All applications shall be made online and started by the employer on the SAFEA website at that address http://fwp.safea.gov.cn/
Employer mandatory condition:
Be a Chinese legally registered company with no criminal or wrongdoing history.
Pay foreigners no less than local minimum wage, pay taxes and social security according to the amount on the contract registered with labor bureau.
Registered as a foreign labor unit on the SAFEA website.
Employee mandatory condition:
Have a non-criminal record and be at least 18 years old and in good health to be allowed to work in China, regardless of their application category.
Documents to prepare:
Document to submit will differ according to the category of your work permit. Most of the documents emitted by a foreign entity shall be notarized, legalized and authenticated.
Most common is the B work permit with a bachelor degree and 2 years of experience. You will have to prepare.
1. An application form provided by SAFEA
2. Your highest education degree diploma authentication.
Authentication is a process that can be done either in your home country
-going to an international notary public for notarization
-going to the legalization office of the ministry of foreign affairs
-going to your local Chinese embassy or consulate for final authentication.
or in China which is now offering an online authentication process; if you are in China with your diploma go to this address to start the process: https://www.chsi.com.cn/en/ Most major international universities are now supported.
3. Non-Criminal Record. A less than 180 days non-criminal record from home country, notarized, legalized and authentication by Chine embassy in the home country
4. Medical Certificate. The process is cheaper and easier while in China. If you are abroad, ask the local Chinese embassy for a list of recognized hospitals.
5. Labor Contract: Signed by you and stamped by the employer. It will be the only contract that is legally binding and valid for your work permit. Any other contract that you may sign after will have no legal value. Chinese version prevails. (Contact us for Tianjinlink for labor contract services)
6. 2 years of work experience letter, signed by your previous company manager, with his valid email and phone number.
7. HSK degrees (If in possession)
8. ID photos
9. If an employee comes with family (wife and less than 18 year old child) he needs to prepare wedding certificate, birth certificate, family book or any recognized form of proof of family links. These must be notarized, legalized and authenticated.